At The Perfect Plan, we have done countless tented weddings over the many years in business. Some have called us crazy for our absolute love of doing these amazing yet logistically challenging events. Don’t get me wrong, I love working on Cape Cod at some of the most beautiful and charming indoor venues as well, but the heart of the planner in me just LOVES planning a tented wedding. There is something refreshing about a blank canvas where the creative juices flowing in our office can be channeled. We have done many three day events involving flipping tents three to four times per weekend in order to utilize the tent for rehearsal dinners, weddings, and post wedding brunches. From Cape Cod Casual beachy themed weddings to elaborate, elegant weddings complete with tent liners and chandeliers, we have skillfully mastered the art and logistics for successful tented weddings and events. If you are a bride thinking of a tented wedding, we would love to help you execute the logistics with our planning services. Can’t decide whether to enter into the tented wedding territory? Here is our bullet list of things to consider when having a tented wedding or event:
- Does the venue have adequate power supply for all vendors involved…caterer, band or dj, tent lighting, restroom trailer, photo booth etc. We always do a power assessment for each property, trust us you do not want to have power troubles on your wedding day!
- Is there parking on site or nearby, if not how do you arrange for transportation for your guests to the venue and then home. Transportation logistics is a big part of what we do leading up to the event and then coordination with transportation vendors on the big day. We field the phone calls from drivers not you or your family.
- Back up rain plan if ceremony is to be outdoors onsite as well. We have moved many ceremonies due to weather in our years of planning, we always have a plan B and our staff puts it into play efficiently.
- Always get sidewalls for your tents, at least have them onsite if not installed, we spend alot of our time putting them up and taking them down depending on weather, ocean winds and comfort of guests. Depending on time of year, heaters may need to be rented as well.
- Restroom facilities, do you need to rent a restroom trailer, if it is a private home, will they allow all your guests to use the indoor restrooms. Generally we advise renting a restroom trailer for convenience of guests and less traffic thru the indoor facility, especially if wedding is at a private home.
- We advise having bar and music shut down at same time and always check the noise ordinances in the town your venue is in prior to booking times for these services. Some venues and properties set their own end times and some fall under town noise ordinances.
- Is a tent permit required
- Designation of someone who will oversee vendors and or delivery and setup of tent and rental equipment, we offer this service and are available to oversee tent setups and deliveries and takedowns as well.
- Always ask your caterer what additional equipment they will need, such as ovens, cook tent, heating units etc. Many times you will have to rent such items for your caterer and you should budget for this cost.
- Will there be additional charges from vendors for a difficult load in, long walk or hilly or beach terrain.
- What underground utilities are on site and could it pose a problem with your tent stakes
- Trash removal, who is responsible and who incurs the cost
These are some of the things we educate our clients about when planning a tented wedding or event. These facts are in no way meant to deter you from doing a tented event as there is something amazingly fabulous in the creation of events under tents with nature’s scenery as your canvas. I hope you find this information enlightening and helpful if you are planning a tented event or wedding or are entertaining the idea. We have many photos of REAL weddings that are tented on our galleries page of our website. We would love to hear from you, if you are in need of assistance with your special day!